Post new topic   Reply to topic    Civitas Forum Index -> Recruitment Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurppy

re: App: Lurppy

The application submitted by Lurppy is as follows:

Quote:
Danny

Nationality and Location:
Aarhus, Denmark

Other Information about yourself:
I study at Aarhus university, and ill continue to do so for 1.5 years. Besides study, time is spent on social activities, training, especially running (currently training for a half maraton later this year - its good to stretch those legs ive heard).
While study takes up a lot of time, im still an avid video gamer that spends a fair amount of time on gaming, both pc and console.

Main Character's Name:
Lurppy

Armory Link for the Character you are applying with :
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/lurppy

Main Characters Race and Class:
Night elf Druid

Main Spec and Off Spec:
Balance (main) & resto (off)

Main Character's equipped Item Level in Main Spec and Off Spec:
971 (balance) & 975 (resto)

Main Character's Artifact level (number of Traits acquired) in Main Spec and Off Spec:
80 (balance) / 77 (resto)

Any Alts? (name, armory link, and so on for each alt):
a decent geared MW monk that I play frequently. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/lurppa

Day's Played on the Character you're aplying with:
about 25 days (tis a new character)

Professions:
alch/enchanting 800/800

Content Cleared (current expansion):
7/7 EN mythic, 3/3 TOV mythic & 7/10 EN mythic on a horde mage, when it was current content.
I rerolled to my druid during TOS. its currently 10/11 antorus mythic, with several hundred wipes on argus mythic.

What would you consider to be the "Hardest" encounter for you so far? :
that'd probably be aggramar mythic. While neither of the fights in antorus are that demanding mechanically. optimising dps, esp on heavy movement fights like aggramar, while being on knockback duty, and saving cds for add phase has proved to one of the harder things in this raid, for me.

Previous Hardcore or Semi-Hardcore Raiding Experience? Explain on what class/spec, your rating/results and when you did this (Dates/expansion) if any. Provide Documentation.:
THe only prior exp worth mentioning is
prenerf KJ (sunwell) as a resto druid
lich king HC as hunter
I raided casually during cata/mop/WOD.

Previous PvP experience in Arena or RBGs? Explain on what class/spec, your rating/results and when you did this (Dates/expansion) if any. Provide Documentation.:
None worth mentioning.

Previous Guild's & Reason for leaving them :
Im currently playing in stasis.
The reason im applying to you, is because our raids quality and quantity have gone down consdierably during the last month of extending on argus. both as a result of burnout, and because people arent striving to improve, leaving us without progress for several weeks. With upcoming vacations etc, our raids are going to take another hit, probably to the point of calling off raiding for a while. As id like to continue to play raid actively, im looking for another place to call home.

Have you had any long breaks from WoW recently? :
Ive played steadily throughout through legion, with a break from raiding during TOS as my horde guild went inactive.

Do you have any upcoming commitments that'll render you inactive for a given period of time? (e.g. moving flat, surgery, exams, holiday) :
Relating to my studies, im being stationed in a different city without a pc capable of running wow (properly), for about 2-3 weeks, spread out over november (most likely). But other than that, nothing.

Raid Availability:
as im currently a student, my free hours are fairly flexible
should be no trouble accomadating your wed/thurs/sun schedule with 90 %+++ attendance.

Recent World of Logs/WWS Logs/Warcraft Logs that you are able to show us:
we havent recleared since late february, and thus, I dont have any up-to-date logs.
you can find my older parses on my character page: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/ravencrest/lurppy
I know especially the last fights arent very impressive, we've only had 2 kills on the latter bosses, all of them kind of messy. and on some of them, I was healing (aggra /imonnar).

Why do you want to join Civitas?:
Im looking for an older guild with a strong and experienced core - as it usually translates to more stable raids - and a roster of players in similiar situation as me - I can no longer dedicate an entire week to gaming (as one could in ones youth). im looking to raid on a high and stable level, while at the same time maintaining a personal life.
Im looking to step up my raiding, especially by moving to a 3 day schedule, instead of my current guild's 2 day schedule. 2 days simply feel too little, especially during the initial weeks of new content. IT also makes it hard to progress and reclear at the same, at least during these long raids (10+ bosses).
Civitas also seems like a guild that takes performance, and especially attendance very seriously - something that is not always enforced.

Do you Know anyone in Civitas? (who, from where, from when and such):
I do not.

Why should we recruit you?:
Im a long term raider with a lot of experience when it comes to raiding in wow, having raided on a high level (back in the earlier days and a bit now), and thus know what it entails.
Im also a flexible player who keeps both my dps and healing specc/gear up to date, and im able to swap as needed, and have done so with my previous guild as well (first imonar and aggramar kills).
Having raided for so long has made the whole lootwhore thing old, while I raid to progress my character, the primary goal is to see and do the latest content, and you wont hear any fuzz about loot from me.
I always seek to improve myself as player. im always up to date with my character with regards to legendaries, talents, playstyles, sims and so on, and I show up prepared for the fights.

If you make a mistake, how well do you handle criticism? :
I have no issues with constructive criticism. I try to take it to heart and learn by it. no ragquits!

Current Hardware specifications you are using to Raid:
GTX 1070, 8gb ram, wow on SSD, i5-7600
connection: 100/100 ms/b. very stable.

Interface/Raiding Addon's List:
Angryassignments
DBM
Weakauras
Classtimers
Grid
RC lootcouncil
exoersus raid tools

Add a link to a Screenshot of your UI (WHILE IN RAID COMBAT!) in the text box bellow:
http://puu.sh/AKxsb/655496324d.jpg

Contact information (your Battlenet ID, skype, E-Mail and such):
Lurppy#2419
Def_Ne_Gyr@hotmail.com

Extra Information and Final words:
Wont be home till tomorrow afternoon, so cant provide a raid combat screenshot (currently). add some weakaura warnings in the top middle, and DBM timers on the top left. CAn supply one later, if you wish.

Nothing else from me that I can currently think of. Feel free to pm me with any questions

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Civitas Forum Index -> Recruitment Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum